Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day 1



6-1-2009
Most Exciting Day Of My Life. I got out of school early today, to get Lacy. It felt so unreal. After 7 years of lessons, and 2 years of asking, 1 year of saving, and another 6months of horse-searching, I am finally getting my horse. When we got there; Kristy, her old owner, was tense. Lacy felt her energy which made her nervous. She kept her tight on the lead all the way to her new stall. Then she talked to my mom, and the barn owner Sissy. Meanwhile I was in the stall petting her, trying to settle her down. She was pacing around and around her little stall. So then Kristy left after telling us we need to get her hoofs done in about a week. (there REALLY chipped!) But the good news is she doesn't wear shoes, so it's only 30 dollars every 8 weeks! She has such wonderful feet!So then we went to the Fleet Brothers, to get some of her old feed so we can wean her off it slowly. After we got back she was a bit calmer but she just looked like she hated her stall so much. So, I was kind of scared to take her out. Because Kristy said she might be nervous. And she didn't tell her until we gave her the check. But if she gets really scared, she rears and tries to run. So great. Now I have this scared rearing pony. I got her halter on, and walked out with my optimistic energy flowing. She was amazing! She was so calm even when the big mare were sizing her up! And in the sand ring! Then i decided to put my English saddle on her for the first time in her life. When I was trying to put the girth on she put her head down.It slide all the way down her neck! Then fell right by her head! But she just kept on grazing. I was so relieved! So then I put her in her private paddock, and she just ran out and started whinning at the other mares, she such a social butterfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment