Sunday, June 7, 2009

Day 7




6-7-2009
She rears. Today I went to the barn early in the morning. She was just about to be put out with her friends. But then I got there and started grooming her to ride. She was PISSED! She kept throwing her head around to look at the field.So I turned her around, which made her even more mad. Then when my Mom tried to hold her head down; she reared just to be defiant. When I tried to mount her she was walking all around the mounting block. So I took her to the one that's not near her field and got on her. She was fine when I rode her. I think I was because she knew she lost the battle. But I don't want to fight her! Then I put her out and she full out galloped to her friends. I think I'm just going to ride her in the afternoons from now on. But I hate it that I have to stick to certain time just because she wants to go out with her friends and graze. Further more, I'm going to groom her in the school section so she can't even look out at the other mares. I just don't know what else to do.
But on the up side she picked up her hooves to day with out a lot of pulling!(:
**Update:
I've been looking online, and I think my problem is that she associates me with bad things. Like working, getting her hooves picked,ect... So I went out later this afternoon. I brought treats and she came to me fairly easily. The I grabbed a big dandy brush. I took her out in the open and just let her graze. While I talked to her and brushed her. I also took her in and out of the indoor. She was a bit scared.I regret doping it now. But in the and I gave her lots of treats and let her go back out with her friends. Hopefully our bond will get better with time. I love her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment