Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day 2

6-2-2009
I got picked up early again today because it was my birthday. I started by tacking her up, and it wasn't going so well. She wouldn't pick up her feet! UGHHH! I was so frustrated. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get her to pick up her front left foot! So, I brushed her, and put on my saddle. I thought the girth was going to be too small but it turns out a 46' fits her just perfectly. I nervously got on with a positive attitude. We walked around a bit, then I took her out in the grass field and trotted her and cantered her down the straight-away. She did SO good for her first time in English tack. Then we went over next to the boys field. She whinnied, and this gorgeous palomino gelding came over to the fence and whinnied back. Then he just stood there; staring at Lacy. She's such a flirt! She was still a bit nervous today, but were making giant leaps of progress.

2 comments:

  1. Your horse is absolutely stunning! Palominos are my favorite. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am so lucky to have her!

    ReplyDelete